Have you Mobilised Your Business or is it Falling Behind?
If your business is not set up to display your website properly on mobile phones then you are potentially missing out on substantial amounts of business. If you had any doubts about this then the statistics below should help you to understand the opportunity which awaits you.
The statistics below have been taken from multiple recent surveys and present a very compelling case for most businesses to ensure that their website is mobile enabled.
- 95% of smartphone users have searched for local information
- 61% of these called a business after searching via their mobile phone with 59% visiting in person and 90% of the users attic within the first 24 hours
- 78% of smart phone users do not leave home without their device
- 53% of mobile phone users already purchase products and services on their smart phones
- 26% of purchases would purchase more frequently if websites were optimised for mobile phones
- Mobile phone purchases are non-trivial, the highest purchase made an average in 2012 was 140 Euro
- 45% of mobile Internet users get product information via their mobile phone
- 44% research information whilst on the move and 38% compare prices you paragraph
- 40% of mobile phone Internet users want QR codes and barcodes, 35% want vouchers
- 57% of users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site
- 40% of smart phone users have turned to a competitors site after a bad mobile experience
- Google advises that mobile search queries and grown by times the past two years
- Staggeringly 30% of all restaurants services and 25% of all movie searches with Google were done on a mobile device
- Smart phones are used everywhere with 97% used at home, 85% on the go and 64% in a store
- 64% of smart phone users access the Internet on their smart phone at least once a day
- Research that starts on the smart phone can lead to purchase these in alternate channels, 39% of smart phone researchers then purchased via a computer whilst 24% then purchased the item they had researched off-line
- Smart phone shoppers are frequent buyers with 50% making mobile purchases at least once a month
- 24% of Private smart phone users expect to make more mobile purchases in the future
These statistics could go on and on, there are many new surveys out each week which confirm the same information – that more and more customers are using their smart phone to search web and has a business owner you need to ensure that your business is able to take advantage of these opportunities.